Thursday, October 25, 2007

A Special Visitor

Well, October 25 is finally here, and with it arrived Emily in Jerusalem! Her flight from Baltimore to Newark hit a small snag, and she ended up having to take a later flight out of Newark, which arrived in Tel Aviv at around 2:30 pm. I got to the airport to meet her around 2:00, and finally around 3:30, she emerged from the flood of other Newark passengers:

Naturally, I had the camera ready because I thought it would be good blog material -- and who doesn't like to have her photo taken after a ten-hour flight?

We were so happy to see each other! We've both been looking forward to this day for so long that it's hard to believe it's here! Well, Em said she wanted to say hello, so without further delay, here's Emily:

Hello, family and friends! I'm so happy to finally be here and to be with Andrew...it was a great reunion! Travel didn't go exactly as I anticipated, but I did get to know the ins and outs of Terminal C at Newark International Airport pretty well - and I got to watch a bit of the Red Sox game (go Sox!)

The flight to Tel Aviv was very smooth, and after 20 Questions at Passport Control and a moment of panic at baggage claim, my suitcase finally came through (Whew! Almost the last one on the belt) and I went through Customs to meet Andrew. I scanned the crowd, unable to find him at first, but then I saw the guy with the camera and I knew right away that I had found him. (There's nothing like having your picture taken after 22 straight hours of travel!)

We'll look forward to posting reports of our adventures...lots of love to you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrew. Glad to see Emmy-Sue made it. Do lots of fun things & take lots of pictures.love Mur-Mur

Trish said...

Hi Andrew and Emily! So glad to see you guys are reunited :) Have so much fun!!! Love Trish