Friday, January 11, 2008

Correction!

Perhaps it was the jetlag. Perhaps it was the lingering effects of Nyquil. Or perhaps, as my mom suggested, I was in "Bible mode." Whatever the reason I misspelled the name of the popular English department store: it is "Harrods," not "Herrods" (as in Herod the Great who built the Second Temple in Jerusalem and whose tomb was possibly found last summer).

Apologies to one and all, especially mom, who is a crackerjack proofreader and who concluded her correcting email, "I thought I'd raised you better." She did, of course, but to be fair, mom had the benefit of a four hour shopping visit to Harrods in London, while my dad, brother and I limited our visit to a mere fifteen minutes.

Nonetheless, my New Year's resolution is to redouble my proofreading efforts; I've got a family reputation to uphold!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.